Sunday, November 14, 2010

5k results

So I found the website of the time keepers for my recent 5k's. Below are the detailed results from two races so far. The Charlotte Runway 5k had a lot of families and children that diluted the serious runner pool. As a result, my percentiles are shifted towards the top end. I'm not complaining, mind you, but the statistician in me needs to explain unusual data. The next race I have targeted is the Atlanta 5k on Thanksgiving Day since we are planning on being there anyway this year. I am planning on hitting some longer races in the spring time (8k, 10k, and half-marathon). I am also working on getting my pace below 7 min/mile. I hope to be there (pace-wise) in/by January. My goal for the Thanksgiving race is 22:30 or faster which would be a 7:15 pace. We'll see. That would also represent another big drop in finish time and I have not had much training time due to a sore leg forcing me to take it easy for a while.


Charlotte Runway 5k
Overall Finish: 165/2738 (top 6%)
Age Group: 25/116 (top 22%)
Gender: 133/855 (top 16%)
Gun Time: 23:19 (23:18 net)
Pace/mile: 7:31

Matthews Bluegrass Festival and Chili Cook-off
Overall Finish: 28/81 (top 35%)
Gender: 21/41 (top 51%)
Gun Time: 24:17
Pace/mile: 7:49

No comments: