Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Emma has come at last. We've all been waiting for her arrival and last night she decided it was time. At 12:10 am last night, Krista's water broke and we rushed to the hospital. I am only going to give the basic storyline here, but will fill in more details later this week. We were checked in around 1 am (2 cm at this point), epidural was started around 2:30 (3 cm at this point), 5:30 am Krista was fully dilated and ready to go (10 cm), at 6:30 she started pushing, at 6:53 am Emma was born. She is a perfectly healthy little girl that weighs 6 lbs. 12 oz. and measures 19 in. long. So far she has been a quiet little girl and hasn't cried much (mostly because she is usually sleeping). As I mentioned, I will fill in details later (including how a nurse was convinced this was going to be Krista's second C-section), but for now I will get right to the pictures (they are out of order, but I really don't care right now)...












Now it's time for a nap.




6 comments:

Vicki said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful baby girl--she looks like Krista. Best wishes to all.

Rob said...

Yahoo! Praise God!

rob pendley

Unknown said...

Congratulations. She is amazing and beautiful. She is a very loved little girl. I am so happy for her. Blessings!

Kate said...

Oh my goodness! She is indeed beautiful! And I think she looks like mommy!! Congrats you two and I can't wait to meet her on Sunday (oh-and to see you guys!)

Anonymous said...

She beautiful! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Van harte gefeliciteerd met de geboorte van jullie mooie dochter! Ik geloof dat ze jouw ogen heeft Krista!
:-)

Marloes (uit Nederland)